The Complete Works of E.A. Koetting

Discuss New Grimoires and Techniques outlined in books like NAP , NIP , Frater Malak etc..

The Complete Works of E.A. Koetting

Postby TheWanderingFool » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:39 pm

So I got my copy yesterday and gave it a quick browse. Apparently Koetting added a new chapter to Kingdom of Flames as well as added all the exercises and initiation rituals for his old order OAA. The exercises progress from the 1st to the 18th flame ( if I'm not mistaken I don't have the book with me and am posting from my phone). They start out with basic meditations and candle spells and eventually involve evocation and soul travel. The exercises are well laid out and explained clearly. He said he had some mistakes from Evoking Eternity corrected as well.

The construction of the book is very nice. It is bound in a nice black leather with silver guilding on the papers edge and a silver pentagram foil stamped into the front cover. It is very reminiscent of the Ixaxxar editions from the past. I did notice that many of the typos from the previous books were still there which I found mildly annoying considering the price and amount of time from preorder to shipping. As I progress through the OAA material I will post results if any are interested. I'll also post some pics when I get to my computer.

All in all I am pleased with the purchase as it is a good value considering you get all his books except Spider and the Green Butterfly. I see a lot of his books going on eBay for more than I paid for the collection. If any are interested I believe you can still order a copy from his Become A Living God site.
Tarot Readings, Rune Castings and more, visit my shop Click Here
Like my FaceBook page for chances to win free readings and other items Click Here
TheWanderingFool
Magician

Re: The Complete Works of E.A. Koetting

Postby Bence33 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 pm

TheWanderingFool wrote:They start out with basic meditations and candle spells and eventually involve evocation and soul travel.

What kind of soul travel is that? :)
I am very interested in it.
Bence33
Grand Conjurer

Postby philodox » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Do you have a link for this?

I don't see it anywhere on his site. Not sure if I'll order anyways, but depending on the price I may bite as I've always been curious as to the quality of his writing.
non recedat volumen legis huius de ore tuo sed meditaberis in eo diebus ac noctibus ut custodias et facias omnia quae scripta sunt in eo tunc diriges viam tuam et intelleges eam
philodox
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby TheWanderingFool » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:27 pm

http://www.becomealivinggod.com/completeworks/

Here is the link to order the book.

Bence from what I gather so far it is a form of astral projection that he wrote in detail about in Questing after Visions and Ipsissimus. These are works I had not read before. I had only had a chance to read Baneful Magick and Evoking Eternity before I got this.

As far as his writing style goes what I enjoy is that he interlaces his own experiences with the rituals and methods, this to me helps with the immersion of the rituals and frankly keeps the writings from being so dry. Some love him and some hate him, I enjoy his writings and find his methods easily explained and often in my own line of thinking of how things work. He can be over the top at times but I consider that more the writer in him than the magician.

http://youtu.be/77meJJk8GZw

He outlines what will be in the book here.

http://youtu.be/nsa8QBYBNQg

Here he show the finished product.
Like my FaceBook page for chances to win free readings and other items Click Here
TheWanderingFool
Magician

Postby TheWanderingFool » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:39 am

Read today that they are completely sold out and they do not plan to print any more.
TheWanderingFool
Magician

Postby Bence33 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:01 am

TheWanderingFool wrote:Read today that they are completely sold out and they do not plan to print any more.

:cry: I wanted to buy his books. :cry:
Bence33
Grand Conjurer

Postby TheWanderingFool » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:03 pm

I would check eBay Bence33, I'm sure some people bought extra for the reason of resale. As to how much they would charge I couldn't tell you. From what I gather less than 500 were printed so it may be high later down the road.
TheWanderingFool
Magician

Postby Thefourth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:24 am

A buddy of mine is selling some Koetting books for a reasonable price on ebay. Feel free to check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ ... &_from=R40
Thefourth
Initiate

Postby Silenciumetaurum » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm

I have not seen this compendium. However, I know something about specialty book markets. And I will tell you this: limited print runs aim to drive up the selling price of books by making them collector's items. This matters more for those who collect books than for those who want to actually use the information in them. 500 copies makes me instantly suspicious. I enjoy the art value of nicely produced occult texts as much as the next person. On the other hand, the marketing decisions behind limited print runs can be offensive. I hope places like Scarlet Imprint and Hadean keep on going. I also hope people learn to be spirit taught--gaining knowledge through work and self-development instead of shelling out tons of money.
Silenciumetaurum
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby Frater171 (Mark) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Silenciumetaurum,

There were actually only 200 copies produced. This wasnt a marketing decision, the number of books produced was based on preorders, if 10,000 preorders were recieved they would have produced 10,000 copies, but apparently there were only 200, which I do find a very low number given the popularity and high cost of EA's other books. Anyway All Im saying is that the number of 200 was based on preorders, not a marketing decision. This is my understanding.

Kind Regards
Mark
Frater171 (Mark)
Adept

Next

Return to Modern Grimoires