The Enochian Holy Table.

General Enochian Discussion

The Enochian Holy Table.

Postby TheMysticSeeking » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:19 am

Hello to all.

I was recently doing research on the Enochian Holy Table and noticed that in certain pictures of various tables I found on the web, the Enochian lettering around the perimeter drastically differed. I guess my question is ; Is there an up to date, most accurate blueprint for the Holy Table? A friend of mine & I were discussing undertaking the building process of one of the tables, we thought it would be fun.

What exactly does the lettering around the table mean to the magician? I could sit and try to decipher the lettering around the table via the internet but would like to get some feedback from a practicing magician. I feel a tremendous power radiating from this table and its lettering & symbology ; respectfully I would like to discuss this subject with someone that lives and breathes this practice of magic on a regular basis.

From what I have come up with the holy table is some form of material device for making a microcosmic version of the universe within the confines of a small room, temple etc. I feel this way because of the way the ensigns are layed out on the table in their correct fashion and position and the way that the seven planets are loud out on a table. Am I wrong about this? Are these various items and tools simply just items used for channeling macrocosmic energy through a microcosmic medium? I feel like I am on the right track with all this but I would like feedback from a professional if you will. Ive often debated how I would get into Enochian Magick and at this point of my life I feel like the construction of a completely function-able Holy table would be the best place to begin, allowing me to get locked into the enochian world through the table and the various other holy Enochian tools and devices. I feel a strong urge from the Angels to direct my energy into this table so I will do just that.

I would love to get some feedback from you guys being that this is my first post I would also like to begin by saying Hi to all the new folks I plan on discussing things with.

Thanks!!
I love you.
TheMysticSeeking
Adept

Re: The Enochian Holy Table.

Postby TheMysticSeeking » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:30 am

This is the copy Ive found on the internet however, I find the lettering around the perimeter of the table varying from the table diagram found in Lon Duquettes Enochian Vision Magick.

I love you.
TheMysticSeeking
Adept

Postby Coma of Loss » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:38 am

The reason why you're seing two different versions of the layout, is that when Meric Casaubon published his True and Faithful Relation, the lettering order was reversed in his book due to printing error. The table you posted is the incorrect one.

The lettering on the circumference and the center 3x4 square is made out out of the names of the Kings and Princes of the Bonorum, with the "B" left out and placed on the corners of the Holy Table.

ALIGON ORNOGO
OBOGEL EFAFES
ABALEL UTMONO
YNEPOR LISDON
NASPOL RORGES
NAPSEN RALGES
LUMAZA AGENOL

Make this into a 12x7 table, and turn it counterclockwise 90 degrees. Then start reading it from the top, left to right, and you'll see the letters running on the Table counterclockwise, starting from the upper right corner. The center 3x4 makes up the center 3x4 square on the table.

Here is the Table with the correct lettering:

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)
Last edited by Coma of Loss on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein "Become such as you are, having learned what that is" - Pindar
http://center-of-nothing.blogspot.com
Coma of Loss
Magician

Postby raum215 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:00 am

That is, if you think those names are correct. Dee was told his work was FULL of errors. Personally, I think, as it was implied to him that there is a reason "BLUMAZA" did not appear to him. Keep in mind, the original table these names are derived from (Tabula Collecta) is severely damaged, especially the second and third tables. This means the potential reconstructions of the 2nd and 3rd letters of each of the names could be up for debate.

I disagree also with the orientations of the "Pa" in each corner. I face the letters like the OP's - as the B is the crown in each of the names of the kings, princes, and ministers... so the four B's (Pa's) in the corner are the four crows of the kings from the early and later visions. Consider also the notion of the four kings in the Ars Goetia.

To the OP - in my opinion, if all Enochian does is confirm your suspicions or support your assumptions - that is a time to really investigate what is the source of your results, and if they are just imagination or something else. Enochian spirits do not just confirm your ideas, even if they are conveying them. They *will* clarify your notes, making you feel like you are wrong in some small detail. No one can see Enochian dynamics without witnessing them firsthand. If you think you know, you have a lot to learn. i hope you learn much!
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.
raum215
Supreme Magus

Postby Coma of Loss » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:07 am

raum215 wrote:I disagree also with the orientations of the "Pa" in each corner. I face the letters like the OP's - as the B is the crown in each of the names of the kings, princes, and ministers... so the four B's (Pa's) in the corner are the four crows of the kings from the early and later visions.

That is my way as well. I just quickly googled a table with the correct letter order. And I haven't had my coffee yet, damn it. :D
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein "Become such as you are, having learned what that is" - Pindar
Coma of Loss
Magician

Postby Apla'T » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:53 am

:goodpost
...when someone says, “I am the only person who does initiations correctly.” From a traditional Ifa perspective there is no such thing as the correct way to do an initiation. The question is: how we do an initiation effectively?
~Fa`Lokun Fatunmbi
Apla'T
Conjurer

Postby Coma of Loss » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:14 am

raum215 wrote:That is, if you think those names are correct. Dee was told his work was FULL of errors. Personally, I think, as it was implied to him that there is a reason "BLUMAZA" did not appear to him. Keep in mind, the original table these names are derived from (Tabula Collecta) is severely damaged, especially the second and third tables. This means the potential reconstructions of the 2nd and 3rd letters of each of the names could be up for debate.

This is absolutely true. I guess I'm just of a pragmatic state of mind that we just have to go with what we have instead of starting to second guess the MS. Here are the tables raum is talking about for anyone who is interested:

http://www.themagickalreview.org/enochian/mss/sloane_3188/img/37v-38r.jpg

http://www.themagickalreview.org/enochian/mss/sloane_3188/img/40v-41r.jpg

EDIT: Another thought arose, maybe the names of Murifri and Solgars could be used to calculate the third table of Tabula Collecta? I'll have to look into this. But from Casaubon p. 5 (or Skinner, p. 134-135):

M (49), V (43), R (35), I (47), F (9), R (33), I (42)

and

S (7), O (30), L (25), G (44), A (37), R (35), S (46)

Murifri then adds that these letters are in the third table of Tabula Collecta.

EDIT:

I did a quick comparison of the numbers from Murifri and Solgars and the Tabula Bonorum:

Bonorum row 3 (ie. table 3 of the Collecta, ie. the third letters of the names of the angels)

S F L O R L A I V G S I M

7 9 25 30 33 35 37 42 43 44 46 47 49

(Murifri and Solgars):
S F L O R R A I V G S I M

This at least confirms some of the letters and can be placed on the third table of Collecta except number 35 (L/R?).
Coma of Loss
Magician

Postby raum215 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am

:rofl OMG we think alike! I reverse engineered that too - I was like "cmon dee, give me names! i can put this back together."

BTW: for those who doubt this might be viable, remember Dee aparrently mistook some of the names when he received the means to derive them.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.
raum215
Supreme Magus

Postby Coma of Loss » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 am

Lol. My thoughts exactly, I even started looking at the Ensigns to see if the letter/number combinations match. :D

I wonder what Dee's note about Murifri on p. 135 Skinner edition means since numbers 5 and 30 don't appear in the name, and 30 is O in Solgars:

"...but the five(th) and thirtieth name did not yield R in his third letter..."

5 = U and 30 = O in the Bonorum.
Coma of Loss
Magician

Postby raum215 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 pm

the other thing sometimes neglected is the fact that these letters also form the heart of the table, as well as the lamen. Lamen and ring are more essential than table in my work.

Mine are thus gold and I attained permission and endorsement for them by the archangelic ones and the whole of the sigillum dei aemeth.

The amount of material I have from taking a serious and personal interest in this has revealed much. the work rewards itself.
raum215
Supreme Magus

Next

Return to Enochian Studies