Why do some consider Enochian magic dangerous?

General Enochian Discussion

Why do some consider Enochian magic dangerous?

Postby TheMysticSeeking » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:19 am

I've seen many web pages, posts etc that claim that Enochian magic is dangerous. One of the most interesting things that I read was that staring at The Sigillum Dei Aemeth. Is dangerous and can cause mental imbalances. My experiences with Enochiana have been purely positive. Why are these claims made ? The only assumption I could come up with is that the complexity and rich amounts of depth in the enochian/ tables/charts etc might shake or disturb the subconscious of the person exposed to the stimuli causing the mind to begin experiencing different consciousness. Can someone of more experience shed some light on the subject?
I love you.
TheMysticSeeking
Adept

Re: Why do some consider Enochian magic dangerous?

Postby Coma of Loss » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:56 am

I think it generally boils down to either a misinformed way of practicing, or mixing enochian to other systems, both of which can lead to pretty uncontrollable situations if you just "wing it".

Especially mixing enochian to other traditions of evocation can make the results uncontrollable because of the foreign element, the raw current of enochian.

Mix into this a bit of unstable personality and a bit of unclear intentions, and you can see there's a recipe for catastrophy.

2c

"Most plane crashes are caused by pilot error". :D
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein "Become such as you are, having learned what that is" - Pindar
http://center-of-nothing.blogspot.com
Coma of Loss
Magician

Postby raum215 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 am

Enochian magic is dangerous. I have seen people unknowingly cause themselves and others great harm with Enochian magic.

As far as STARING at it - these were not meant to be astral trip-toys. the sigillum was under the table, and under the feet of the table (replaced every six months.) Not on the wall with blacklights and lava lamps. That is not how their power is employed.

Also people well forget that by time the "WAtchtower Vision" Dee was not using the sigillum - he had sewn a little very thin pillow with a equillateral red cross on it inspired by the vision. He had made the pillow for E.K., but made the cross on it afterwards. the stone rested on this. MOST books do not go into the majority of details of how often and how much dee was told he no longer needed specific materials.

If they do not know, people need to realize there were times E.K. and Dee did not use the table at all.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.
raum215
Supreme Magus

Postby Soror Lucia Megha » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Real magick is dangerous, but just because it is dangerous does not mean it can't be positive or worthwhile.

Is driving a car not dangerous?

If its dangerous or not dangerous, not really a concern of mine. People who don't dare, are never going to get anywhere in life. Life is about stepping outside of your comfort zones, you need to grow, evolve. Enochian is from my experience the best vehicle for this.

I have a very brash approach to things, especially when dealing with others interested in magick. I spent a lot of time hanging around a community of people who never really stepped outside of their comfort zones, than when I left to peruse other communities, I found a lot of the same.

Just dive in.

Magick, and this goes for all forms, is meant to transform your self. And the magick that works, that really really works, might get a little hairy at times. You need to push through to see results. REAL Magicians take control of their lives, they create change in conformity with will.

So all I have to say to those you may encounter that are overly concerned with the danger of it all, and no mater what they wont take the jump.....SCREW EM.
Soror Lucia Megha
Adept

Postby Frater Yechidah » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 pm

http://mishkan-ha-echad.blogspot.com/20 ... lness.html

In the above link I posted a few magical reasons for illness, which is often why people consider Enochian dangerous. Insanity is another reason, but it can be boiled down to the same points.

Sr. Lucia Megha points out that driving a car can be dangerous, but the thing we need to consider is that you're supposed to get lessons. You're supposed to earn a driving license by taking things step by step, usually starting out in an empty car park, for example. You generally don't throw a novice driver onto a main road, and often times learner drivers are banned from using motorways and are required to have a competent driver with them at all times. My analogy would be that so long as one is properly trained and doesn't speed, then Enochian Magic is no more risky than driving a car, but that doesn't mean it's 100% safe either.

With Enochian magic the key dangers are:

1. Stupidity or curiosity. People reciting the Calls to see what happens, for example.
2. Failure to strengthen the astral vessel to cope with the energy involved. This generally means slowly adjusting to the energy, a little at a time, like using small weights before building up to the big ones. Failure to do will cause "astral injury," as it were, which can usually result in physical ailments.
3. Not taking breaks. If we exercise 24/7 we'll kill or injure ourselves. In fact, many people recommend that breaks between exercise days improve the results. Breaks are vital for Enochian work (and all magic in general, to be honest).
4. Rushing ahead, taking on too much, or something too advanced. A total beginner should not, for example, start working with the Cacodaemons. There are ways to start that are less risky.

Y.

P.S. I know people who have become seriously ill or ended up in an asylum due to Enochian work. It didn't need to be that way.
Frater Yechidah
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby Soror Lucia Megha » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Frater Yechidah wrote:http://mishkan-ha-echad.blogspot.com/2008/07/magickal-reasons-for-illness.html

In the above link I posted a few magical reasons for illness, which is often why people consider Enochian dangerous. Insanity is another reason, but it can be boiled down to the same points.

Sr. Lucia Megha points out that driving a car can be dangerous, but the thing we need to consider is that you're supposed to get lessons. You're supposed to earn a driving license by taking things step by step, usually starting out in an empty car park, for example. You generally don't throw a novice driver onto a main road, and often times learner drivers are banned from using motorways and are required to have a competent driver with them at all times. My analogy would be that so long as one is properly trained and doesn't speed, then Enochian Magic is no more risky than driving a car, but that doesn't mean it's 100% safe either.

1. Stupidity or curiosity. People reciting the Calls to see what happens, for example.
2. Failure to strengthen the astral vessel to cope with the energy involved. This generally means slowly adjusting to the energy, a little at a time, like using small weights before building up to the big ones. Failure to do will cause "astral injury," as it were, which can usually result in physical ailments.
3. Not taking breaks. If we exercise 24/7 we'll kill or injure ourselves. In fact, many people recommend that breaks between exercise days improve the results. Breaks are vital for Enochian work (and all magic in general, to be honest).
4. Rushing ahead, taking on too much, or something too advanced. A total beginner should not, for example, start working with the Cacodaemons. There are ways to start that are less risky.

Y.

P.S. I know people who have become seriously ill or ended up in an asylum due to Enochian work. It didn't need to be that way.

You are right, and I didn't really highlight the fact that there are steps that need to be taken. I am really responding to the fact that In my own personal life I have been frustrated with numerous people who are not even willing to take preliminary steps, or any steps at all. I just find so many people consumed with fear that they don't take any steps in any directions.
Soror Lucia Megha
Adept

Postby raum215 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Getting "licensed" does not make one a good driver. Nor does experience guarantee you will be one.

Knowing, anticipating, and preventing the danger of driving does.

The fact is more people die eating than in magick of all kinds put together. More people are hurt climbing a ladder than ascending to the heavens. Do not kid yourself there is no danger. There is no experience that is more valuable for avoiding danger than actually avoiding danger.

As Fr Yechidah said, the enochian angels do not play soft. Enochian is full contact.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.
raum215
Supreme Magus

Postby Frater Yechidah » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Very true. A license doesn't guarantee safety. A magical course in Enochian, teaching things step by step, wouldn't guarantee safety either. In the end it's up to the individual to keep their eyes peeled and use common sense at every junction (get it? :angelic )

While I am always keen to present warnings, I also want to stress that it isn't all doom and gloom. I wouldn't be using this system if I didn't know it was useful. It has certainly changed my life, predominantly for the better. So long as one is cautious and takes it step by step then there should be no major problems like death and insanity.

The horror stories have sometimes scared people away from Enochian magic, which is understandable. However, we've heard horror stories about car crashes too and that hasn't stopped most of us getting into a car. We need to balance caution with a desire to move forward.

Y.
Frater Yechidah
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby raum215 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:49 pm

for a good bit of the 90's, I met people who wanted to *compete* in enochian. Most who treated enochian like a competition met with the worst demises I have witnessed. I survived the Hell House enochian fight club of Nox Templi. This was the fringe of The Black Lodge of Santa Cruz that left me almost completely friendless as the world rocked on its foundations. I am the boy who lived, before there was ever a harry potter. That was only because I did not rely on the edge "meth" gave the others, and I never attacked anyone, I attacked what they suffered from. I truly believe the world lost great magicians to that experiment. And the collateral damage destroyed far more who would have been great if they survived.

*The whole approach was to make each other stronger by willing consenus to promote adversity, the focus became far too severe for such a noble cause as people became desperate in furies of competiton. NEVER do this.

The Enochian Angels are going to orchestrate the end of this world. BUT that is not their only role, and WE have a say in how far in tthe future that is. So do you know what the Enochian Angels told me about the casualties of that part of my past, they were slag because they chose to be. and slag has no place in a proper alloy.

THIS was how I attained an understanding of the ring that redefined my work.
raum215
Supreme Magus

Postby TheMysticSeeking » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:13 am

Frater Yechidah wrote:http://mishkan-ha-echad.blogspot.com/2008/07/magickal-reasons-for-illness.html

Y.

Well said, & good analogy.
I love you.
TheMysticSeeking
Adept

Next

Return to Enochian Studies