If you're an American

General Magical Discussion

If you're an American

Postby BaiLung » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:59 pm

I am going to be performing an evocation meant to destroy SOPA tomorrow evening at 2 a.m. PST. The ritual will evoke America Kokudo Kunitama-no-Kami, the protector of the North American continent, currently enshrined at the Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America.

If you're an American occultist, able to achieve results (no neophytes for this working, sorry), then please send me a PM if you're interested in also performing an evocation for this purpose. I'd like to correlate our efforts if at all possible.

As the sons and daughters of this land, evocation of America Kokudo Kunitama-no-Kami is our divine right and, in our capacity as occultists, our responsibility. Congress may have been able to shut out public-interest groups, but the Freemasons left the pentagram in DC incomplete for a reason: congress should not be able to hide itself from the people.

(Edited for grammar. lol)
BaiLung

Re: If you're an American

Postby BaiLung » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 am

Sorry for double posting, but I want to clarify the time. It will be 2am Monday morning. :D
BaiLung

Postby raum215 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:51 am

I am a American. What is SOPA?> This came up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.
raum215
Supreme Magus

Postby BaiLung » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:03 am

Yes, sir. That'd be the SOPA in question. The bill would have disastrous consequences for freedom on the internet, most notably in the areas of free speech. It would give government agencies a broad range of controls to effectively limit internet content, invade privacy and would make it nearly impossible for start-up companies on the web to operate. Google has already threatened to drop out of the US Chamber of Commerce if the bill passes. No one wants it to pass except congress, some Hollywood motion picture companies, and large pharmaceutical companies.
BaiLung

Postby SadisticDarkness » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 am

This is an amazing idea. I may participate on my own accord.
SadisticDarkness

Postby WaitingVainly » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:53 am

@Bailung. Even though I'm not American and I live nowhere near it, SOPA does imply a crackdown on the interwebz in general, am I right?
WaitingVainly
Adept

Postby SadisticDarkness » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:57 am

WaitingVainly wrote:@Bailung. Even though I'm not American and I live nowhere near it, SOPA does imply a crackdown on the interwebz in general, am I right?

I am sorry I am not Bailung, however, yes, it does.
SadisticDarkness

Postby BaiLung » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 am

Yeah, it'll screw up internet in general. I don't know if someone that is not from North America can evoke a deity of that land. That aside, it also didn't feel right to ask everyone here, even non-Americans, to pitch in and help correct a problem that our congress, our government, and our corporations are responsible for.
BaiLung

Postby Asarial » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:27 am

I can understand why some Hollywood companies would want to see it passed, but why pharmaceutical companies? I think the government is taking this a bit too far. There are people who basically steal music and movies and should be punished. That being said, they should be dealt with on an individual basis without robbing the rest of us of our rights. I think Youtube is a great gateway for certain things and would hate to see it disappear because the government can't pull their heads out of their asses. Nice to see their priorities are in order. :roll:
Asarial
Adept

Postby BaiLung » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 am

In short, pharmaceutical companies are losing money because you can get meds from cheap online stores instead of from the pharmaceutical companies. And yes, congress sucks. Hopefully the gods will smash them all with lightning bolts, but... in the meantime, I'd like to focus on contacting our great protector and righting this hideous wrong.
BaiLung

Next

Return to General Magick Discussion