Book On Ancient Egyptian Black Magic

General Magical Discussion

Book On Ancient Egyptian Black Magic

Postby The God-King » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:03 am

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me a few titles of good books on Ancient Egyptian black magic. Google has not been of much help in my search. I'm not looking for an educational book, rather a book of spells, rituals, talismans, ceremonies, etc that has a darker slant to it. If anyone has any recommendations and/or links to the books it would be much appreciated.
The God-King
Conjurer

Re: Book On Ancient Egyptian Black Magic

Postby Etu Malku » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:07 am

Aside from the actual texts from Egypt (pretty dark if you ask me) I know a book "Tankhem" by Mogg Morgan . . . it is what it is.
Etu Malku
Conjurer

Postby The God-King » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:27 am

Etu Malku wrote:Aside from the actual texts from Egypt (pretty dark if you ask me)

Do you know the names of these texts? Are they transliterated and translated or are they written in hieroglyphs?

Etu Malku wrote:I know a book "Tankhem" by Mogg Morgan . . . it is what it is.

Thanks, I'll check the book out.
The God-King
Conjurer

Postby shemsakeru » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 am

The God-King wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me a few titles of good books on Ancient Egyptian black magic. Google has not been of much help in my search. I'm not looking for an educational book, rather a book of spells, rituals, talismans, ceremonies, etc that has a darker slant to it. If anyone has any recommendations and/or links to the books it would be much appreciated.

There is no "black magic" coming out of ancient Egypt, that's probably why you're having such a tough time finding books on the subject. There is magic and the intent of it, for benevolent use or for malevolent use. For the most part the original indigenous Egyptians called the Kamau or Kemetians, practiced what was not known as magic but just manipulated energy and matter to produce effects, something that was natural and a "God-given right" so to speak. Foreigners came to Egypt/Kemet and put labels on these practices/abilities such as "magic" and "mystery system".

Keep in mind that Egypt/Kemet was conquered many times and foreigners have had their way with the esoteric teachings. So what they might have combined or added to those teachings might be what you're looking for. It would be best if you knew which dynastic period you wanted to draw your info from. When some people say "ancient Egyptians" they might be referring to the periods where the Greeks or Romans conquered and ruled which is where alot of Hermetic teachings stem from. When I hear the term ancient Egyptians I think of the pre-dynastic and early dynastic periods before the first invasions where Egypt was at its apex and dispensing its teachings around the globe. Remember Egypt is in Africa and the original Egyptians are African hence the so-called "magic" that everyone was trying to grasp is nothing but an ATR in essence. Anything else coming out of Egypt is an hybrid system of what others have brought there and assimilated from their place of origin and their understanding of what they could grasp of the original Egyptian teachings. Food for thought...

I know nothing of Egyptian "black magic" but if you want to learn some of the "mysteries" you can read just about anything from Ra Un Nefer Amen who is considered the authority on Kemetic spirituality. Notably volumes 1-7 of the Metu Neter series that he has written, Tree of Life Meditation and 11 Laws of God.
shemsakeru
Initiate

Postby The God-King » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:33 am

shemsakeru wrote:
The God-King wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me a few titles of good books on Ancient Egyptian black magic. Google has not been of much help in my search. I'm not looking for an educational book, rather a book of spells, rituals, talismans, ceremonies, etc that has a darker slant to it. If anyone has any recommendations and/or links to the books it would be much appreciated.

There is no "black magic" coming out of ancient Egypt, that's probably why you're having such a tough time finding books on the subject. There is magic and the intent of it, for benevolent use or for malevolent use. For the most part the original indigenous Egyptians called the Kamau or Kemetians, practiced what was not known as magic but just manipulated energy and matter to produce effects, something that was natural and a "God-given right" so to speak. Foreigners came to Egypt/Kemet and put labels on these practices/abilities such as "magic" and "mystery system".

Keep in mind that Egypt/Kemet was conquered many times and foreigners have had their way with the esoteric teachings. So what they might have combined or added to those teachings might be what you're looking for. It would be best if you knew which dynastic period you wanted to draw your info from. When some people say "ancient Egyptians" they might be referring to the periods where the Greeks or Romans conquered and ruled which is where alot of Hermetic teachings stem from. When I hear the term ancient Egyptians I think of the pre-dynastic and early dynastic periods before the first invasions where Egypt was at its apex and dispensing its teachings around the globe. Remember Egypt is in Africa and the original Egyptians are African hence the so-called "magic" that everyone was trying to grasp is nothing but an ATR in essence. Anything else coming out of Egypt is an hybrid system of what others have brought there and assimilated from their place of origin and their understanding of what they could grasp of the original Egyptian teachings. Food for thought...

I know nothing of Egyptian "black magic" but if you want to learn some of the "mysteries" you can read just about anything from Ra Un Nefer Amen who is considered the authority on Kemetic spirituality. Notably volumes 1-7 of the Metu Neter series that he has written, Tree of Life Meditation and 11 Laws of God.

Thanks for your suggestions and help. Speaking of the ATRs I'm currently studying Quimbanda. Anyway, I did manage to find one book that is allegedly on black magic from Egypt. The problem is that the seller speaks Portuguese and we all know Google Translate isn't that reliable and that the book doesn't have a title, at least as far as I can see from the picture. It only has the Eye of Horus on the cover and honestly looks like a prop from a bad 80's occult/horror film so it may not even be legit. But what you say makes sense. Thanks again.
The God-King
Conjurer

Postby krishokan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 am

Greek Magical Papyri.
krishokan
Adept

Postby Bence33 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:08 am

krishokan wrote:Greek Magical Papyri.

The God-King worked with it in the past.
:thinking Perhaps I will look into it...
Bence33
Grand Conjurer

Postby The God-King » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:00 pm

krishokan wrote:Greek Magical Papyri.

I have this already. More Greco-Roman Egyptian rather than pure Egyptian. Thanks though.
The God-King
Conjurer

Postby krishokan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Egyptian papyris?
krishokan
Adept

Postby shemsakeru » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:13 pm

The God-King wrote:Thanks for your suggestions and help. Speaking of the ATRs I'm currently studying Quimbanda. Anyway, I did manage to find one book that is allegedly on black magic from Egypt. The problem is that the seller speaks Portuguese and we all know Google Translate isn't that reliable and that the book doesn't have a title, at least as far as I can see from the picture. It only has the Eye of Horus on the cover and honestly looks like a prop from a bad 80's occult/horror film so it may not even be legit. But what you say makes sense. Thanks again.

Yeah no problem. Try to at least get the title translated and work from there. Most pure Egyptian sources were destroyed once Egypt fell and there were massive book burnings on its knowledge once the Romans imposed Christianity on the world. Most of the ways that the teachings of Egypt survived is through other cultures i.e. Hinduism from the Dravidians/Upanishads (pre Aryan), ancient Chinese esoteric knowledge (some of the strongest magic there is, and the most secret) "ancient Chinese secret :ugeek: ", ATR's (the older the better, Egypt was just a culmination of these systems and a product of them), and Shamanism (not that stuff you learn in a class here in the states). Even the author I mentioned previously, is basically a reconstructionist of ancient Kemet spirituality but has done the best job so far IMO. The proof was in the pudding for me....

Also E.A. Wallis Budge, if you can make sense of his translations, there's gold to be found in those ancient scriptures.
shemsakeru
Initiate

Next

Return to General Magick Discussion