saint martha the dominator

Discuss Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions and Santeria etc.

saint martha the dominator

Postby plum_girl » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 am

Anyone worked with this powerful spirit? She has different aspects (Filomena Lubana in the Caribbean, Bella Marta in Italy, Marta Marcelica in spain) and for long has been very closely associated with witchcraft. There are various ways to work with her, and I gathered impressive testemonies of her powers to dominate straying lovers (men especially) and overcoming obstacles. She is defebatly something, and I gathered a number of very intriguing prayers dedicated to her. Any thoughts?
Attachments
filomena-lubana.jpg
Dark Saint Martha
plum_girl
Adept

Re: saint martha the dominator

Postby PaloBlanco » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Santa Marta is a quite powerful spirit and a personal favorite of mine. despite my ID i dont really practice Palo or 21 Divisions, but nevertheless Santa Marta has made her presence known to me quite clearly during prayer/meditation. she was actually the first spirit to ever make physical contact with me. well second, but 1st in a very long time, and without being asked. her aura is strong and, at least with me, VERY sexual. come at her with respect.
good post ^
PaloBlanco
Adept

Postby plum_girl » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 am

Palo, she is indeed! I can actually feel the atmosphere "thicken" during prayers to Saint Martha...
the air is heavier and I get that "tickling" in my skin.
There are wonderful and curious prayers to her. She has been a Saint related to magic even in european renaissance, with some of her prayers being regarded by the Church as witchy. She´s seen as a fairy in Italy (Bella Marta, or Donna Marta)and has some infernal trates...similar to Hecate, she has power over both good and evil, heaven, earth and hell. In Spain, Portugal and Brasil, there´s "Santa Marta Marcelica" . The characteristics are similar. The prayers to Marta Marcelica are rather odd - they resemble the traditional prayers to Saint Martha (let him not sit in a chair, lie in a bed, etc...) but they evoke VERY witchy elements, such as the limping devil. I´ll try to translate there for you or post some of the prayers I have soon. Anyways, she´s very dominant, and yes, sexy.

Here´s one of my favourites (Hoodoo)

"St. Martha I dedicate this candle to you that you may grant my needs and help me conquer my difficulties. For you nothing is impossible." The name of a lover who had abandonded the practitioner was written in special ink and set beneath the candle. After lighting the candle,the practitioner recited the following: "I ask the intercession for my plea. Grant that [lover's name] will return to me and the time will be short between now and then. Until [lover's name] has returned, I ask that he suffer the aches I have suffered and that he is by my side again. I ask this in faith, for as you did conquer dragons and wild beasts, you can control [lover's name] and fulfill my request. In the name of justice and love, I ask this. Amen."

Palo, you seem to have experience practicing with her. I´d love to hear some of your stories. :)
plum_girl
Adept

Postby PaloBlanco » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:42 am

Hi Plum, thanks for the reply and for the info and the prayer. I know Santa Marta is known as Filomena Lubana in PR, but not the others, esp Italy, awesome! I live in an area of NY thats heavily Dominican, so i had come across 21 Divisions and St Marta here n there. The spirit that I'm closest with is a Madama, i say my prayers and meditate with her, candles, music, incense, cards, lil rum for her, lol u know. the first time i met Santa Marta was 1 nite while sitting with the Madam, it was lovely. if u'd like to know the details, i could possibly email u or something, i duno. what i will say, tho, is that the feeling of love with her was pretty much overwhelming. also, i went to sleep and woke up the next day feeling like john travolta in saturday night fever; fresh. she is a great spirit and i was so happy to see a thread on here for her!
good post ^
PaloBlanco
Adept

Postby axeezo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 am

Do tell more, can you either PM me or post it here if the details arent too personal. :Thank You
Ax...
axeezo
Grand Conjurer

Another prayer

Postby plum_girl » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:33 pm

This one is to overcome difficulties (from Anna Riva´s book):

In this most difficult moment bless me with thy aid and protection. Let those who wish me harm be turned back, and their strenght be reduced to dust. If my cause is just, I pray to emerge from this trail with vindication of my views, and with gratitude for the growth this tribulation has given me.
Attachments
Santa_Marta.jpg
"White" (Roman catholic) Saint Martha
plum_girl
Adept

Postby PaloBlanco » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:32 pm

love the pic, but i had always read that santa marta was not actually syncretized with any Catholic saint, altho it is a common misconception...any thoughts on that?
good post ^
PaloBlanco
Adept

Postby plum_girl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Palo, I always knew the catholic Saint Martha...when I saw the "african" Saint Martha, assumed it was syncretized, altough displaying some diferences - as usual in such cases. Afro caribbean Saint Martha is more agressive and sensual. Catholic Saint Martha is more frequently depicted with a dragon, while dark Saint Martha holds serpents, but a catholic prayer states " overcome my trials as you dominated the serpent at your feet" (I´ll find and post that prayer, today I couldn´t find my notebook).

Because this is Tuesday, Saint Martha´s day, here is one more exotic prayer to our beloved Lady. This is an italian evocation to "Bella Martha" for luck in games of chance:

"As you are a youth given to playing games of chance, go and play at such games with dice or cards or numbers, you will win, and when you have won you must always remember those in need with my name. Be not too greedy. If you are in need of something, pronounce this incantation to a large oak in the forest:
"Bella Marta! Bella Marta! Bella Marta!
More beautiful than any saint I've seen.
Here I stand before your tree,
Grant, I pray, a grace to me,
If you will be my patrona,
And if there's aught
Which I can do, it shall be done
For Bella Marta, my own.
"Repeat this incantation to a large oak in the forest; you will do well. Now depart, and count your self lucky in your boldness."

Bella Marta has afairy look and traits...
plum_girl
Adept

Postby PaloBlanco » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks plum, i don't think u could have picked a better prayer than that 1 for me, lol. the st marta with whom i am familiar is la morena..those eyes, so sensual, so deep..just gorgeous. i will find an oak tree this evening and say a grace 2 her in your honor
good post ^
PaloBlanco
Adept

I got a miracle...hail saint Martha

Postby plum_girl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:50 am

Thank you so much, Palo! Im so happy you enjoyed the prayer and that it came in handy for you. Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed your post. Today I am especially cheerful and feeling so much gratitude because our beloved Lady Saint Martha granted me a MIRACLE. I can't go into much detail yet because we're still working on the subject but it was a HUGE favour, and - watch this- came on a Tuesday, Saint Martha's day. Tonight Ill post another beautiful and rare prayer to her and you bet My Lady will get a special treat on the altar this evening. Praise Saint Martha, she's amazing!
plum_girl
Adept

Next

Return to African Traditional Religions