Dionysus By Crowley

General Off-Topic Discussion

Re: Dionysus By Crowley

Postby Magus11 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm

high in the Mountain...I will take you there some days.

I look forward to that a lot :D Thank you REA.

it really does look beautiful. you are very lucky being brought up in places like that as a child. Well hopefully like you say, I can visit there with you some day ;)

and btw, I love sulfurous thermal waters..

May be we can jump in the waters there together :)
Quod superius est quod inferius et quod inferius est sicut quod superius ad perpetranda miracula rei unius

DEMON EST DEUS INVERSUS
Magus11
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby Frater.F.D. » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Such an interesting article about this cthonic goddess. Its incredible how things relate: the change, the seasons, life and death... ForFor me change is the only constant in this life, cicles, so i love deities related with it, just like Demeter
Ishtar, I'll follow you wherever you take me...
Frater.F.D.
Conjurer

Postby REA » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Frater.F.D. wrote:Such an interesting article about this cthonic goddess. Its incredible how things relate: the change, the seasons, life and death... ForFor me change is the only constant in this life, cicles, so i love deities related with it, just like Demeter

glade you find it interesting.. ;) and I agree with you, beside I feel usually connected to Chthonic Deities.

I look forward to that a lot Thank you REA.

you are very welcome.. :)
REA

Postby REA » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:42 am

it really does look beautiful. you are very lucky being brought up in places like that as a child. Well hopefully like you say, I can visit there with you some day

I wasn't brought up there..we were just going to visit often.. and yes, there are many beautiful places, and I love very much my country, the history, the Art, most of My culture ecc...can't say the same towards politics , unfortunately..especially if we look at the last 25 years or so..but this is a different story.
But don't ever forget that Italy is a well complex country... it's not a paradise everywhere , at all... ;)
REA

Postby Magus11 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 pm

That is an interesting article, although a little difficult to read. But I can see many correspondences with other deities. for example where it refers to Mefitis as a deity of transition, it really sounds like a deity of initiation. Especially considering the cthonic nature of the deity and its association to volcanic areas. there is a good chapter in J.S.K Geospohia about Volcanic conjurations (I think) and its association to goetic magic. This all seems to corresponds very well with Mefitis being a deity that may govern some type of underworld goetic inititiation rites.

the association with water is also intriguing, and it made me think straight away of Minerva, who the Romans equated with the Celtic Sulis at Aquae Sulis in Bath England. The waters there are also associated with healing, which I see the article also connected to Mefitis, as well as spring and fertility, which all goes well with healing and initiation, because spring represents the birth of life and new beginnings.

Very interesting. thanks for sharing REA :)
Quod superius est quod inferius et quod inferius est sicut quod superius ad perpetranda miracula rei unius

DEMON EST DEUS INVERSUS
Magus11
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby REA » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:12 am

That is an interesting article, although a little difficult to read

Glade you like it...It's from an Archaeology Italian site, specific to the Samnites ; note that I used google translate and site is in Italian language.
The waters there are also associated with healing, which I see the article also connected to Mefitis, as well as spring and fertility, which all goes well with healing

sulfurous waters have in fact healing and therapeutic properties...
There are not specific references to Initiation into the Mysteries, but your association is interesting and of course there is always the Mysteries and esoteric aspect on these cults ; Virgilo explanation from the Eneide refers well to the concept of deity of Transition :the site of the Ansanto Valley where there is Acheron and the door to the underworld; the transition from life to death. I posted Virgilio verses on the previous page.
Very interesting. thanks for sharing REA

You welcome... :) I'll post more Italic Deities.. ;)
REA

Postby lgdvl73 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:30 pm

REA wrote:sulfurous waters have in fact healing and therapeutic properties...

There is a Valley at the foot of Pike's Peak in the Rockies (Colorado). Traditionally the valley was neutral ground for warring native Americans due to the healing properties of the land. (It shares this attribute with my birthplace)

There are natural soda springs all over the valley that have been created by the pressure, mineral, and crystals native to the Rocky Mountains. One has natural lithium (and is the sweetest tasting of the bunch), another has high levels of iron (tastes like rust and blood), etc.

I go there often for spiritual reasons. This thread just made me think of it.

T
shit happens, flowers grow
lgdvl73
Supreme Magus

Postby REA » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 pm

There is a Valley at the foot of Pike's Peak in the Rockies (Colorado). Traditionally the valley was neutral ground for warring native Americans due to the healing properties of the land. (It shares this attribute with my birthplace)

wow.. i just google it...the place is beautiful!!!!!!thanks for sharing that..:)

I love very much sulfurous waters too and in Italy there are many sites, unfortunately most of them have been turned into SPAs...however I spend a lot of time there when I can..it's quite nice in the winter, especially at evening time as some of them have outdoor swimming pools and the water is very hot...
REA

Postby lgdvl73 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:07 pm

shit happens, flowers grow
lgdvl73
Supreme Magus

Postby REA » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

lgdvl73 wrote:http://nonprophet.typepad.com/nonprophet/2006/03/the_ruins.html

local lore

T

thank you.. :) that's very interesting...really, it makes me want to go there and visit...
REA

PreviousNext

Return to General Off-Topic Discussion