dangers for people not in the ritual

Discuss The Goetia, Theurgia-Goetia, Pauline Art, Almadel, Notary Art (or Ars Nova) , Grimorium Verum, Grand Grimoire etc.

Re: dangers for people not in the ritual

Postby girasol » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:21 am

I recently did some Planetary Angels work, and had a very interesting experience in regards to affecting others in range. I did the work while no one was in my apartment except me, but there are people in neighboring apartments, apparently.

Tuesday I did Samael, experimenting with a specific ritual a colleague had written based on tradition evocations, but with some modifications. As I began the evocation a child down the hall began having a really loud temper tantrum. Some minutes later, when I was speaking to Samael, the child was still wailing, and now his mother was shouting, too. I asked Samael if he was responsible and he laughed. I asked him if he could quiet the argument without harm to anyone, and I heard a door down the hall open and shut, the noise increased, and a moment later the mother and child, still arguing and yelling, got onto the elevator and left, and silence fell.

Because of some other stuff that happened (he was neither pleasant to look upon nor particularly gentle in his manifestation) the next day I redid the work using a new version of the ritual, to retest it. Once again, right when I did the evocation the kid down the hall started into a shrieking tantrum. Since I was only going to be a minute, I ignored it. When I did the license to depart the child stopped wailing.

I made up for it by doing a long prayer for harmony and peace to the neighbors later (I've never met them).

So yes, people in the vicinity can be affected!!
girasol
Magician

Postby Magus11 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:43 am

girasol, A very similar thing happend to me after working with Samael and the spirits of tuesday from the Heptameron, although I did the working at night and going straight to sleep afterwards to receive answers in my dreams, and on the following morning I awake to the noise of my next door neighbours child who was 10 years of age, hysterically screaming the place down and arguing and shouting with her mother for an hour long.

Out of all seven of the workings I did that week with each of the angels of the days, it was only after the tuesday working that these martial effects occurred, presumably effecting the neighbours in the house next door to me.

Darren
Quod superius est quod inferius et quod inferius est sicut quod superius ad perpetranda miracula rei unius

DEMON EST DEUS INVERSUS
Magus11
Supreme Magus

Postby Slater » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:09 am

Magus, was it you who said a little while back in a planetary working for Mars you had to go back and do it again and this time ask for not the "fighting and confrontational" aspects of the martial influence but rather the more positive and socially amenable attributes?

I know the post but can't find it...it seemed the "bite everyone's head off and be an ass" attributes can over shadow the more constructive themes like confidence and standing up for oneself and personal power etc if not stipulated. I'm only starting to work with Martial attributes now and knowing myself as anything but a shrinking violet, I want to keep an eye on things.

If anyone needs to NOT be an aggressive ass...it's me lol:-)
Slater
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby Magus11 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Slater wrote:Magus, was it you who said a little while back in a planetary working for Mars you had to go back and do it again and this time ask for not the "fighting and confrontational" aspects of the martial influence but rather the more positive and socially amenable attributes?

I know the post but can't find it...it seemed the "bite everyone's head off and be an ass" attributes can over shadow the more constructive themes like confidence and standing up for oneself and personal power etc if not stipulated. I'm only starting to work with Martial attributes now and knowing myself as anything but a shrinking violet, I want to keep an eye on things.

I don't think it was me as I can't remember specifically, but may of been because I have done alot of angelic workings with all of the severn powers. Or it may of been this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2180&p=22392&hilit=mars#p22392 where I described a Saturnian working that went wrong and ad astra explains about a Mars working along similar lines to what you ask about.

Darren
Quod superius est quod inferius et quod inferius est sicut quod superius ad perpetranda miracula rei unius

DEMON EST DEUS INVERSUS
Magus11
Supreme Magus

Postby Slater » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Magus11 wrote:
Slater wrote:Magus, was it you who said a little while back in a planetary working for Mars you had to go back and do it again and this time ask for not the "fighting and confrontational" aspects of the martial influence but rather the more positive and socially amenable attributes?

I don't think it was me as I can't remember specifically, but may of been because I have done alot of angelic workings with all of the severn powers. Or it may of been this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2180&p=22392&hilit=mars#p22392 where I described a Saturnian working that went wrong and ad astra explains about a Mars working along similar lines to what you ask about.

Darren

Yep that's the one. Thanks for that!

In the mean time, it seems my photographic mind has morphed into a Kodak Pocket Brownie lol
Slater
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby Magus11 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Slater wrote:
Yep that's the one. Thanks for that!

In the mean time, it seems my photographic mind has morphed into a Kodak Pocket Brownie lol

Your welcome. Lol

DEMON EST DEUS INVERSUS
Magus11
Supreme Magus

Postby Asterion » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Quote from the oldest English manuscript of the Clavicle:
http://esotericarchives.com/solomon/sl3847.htm#chap7b2

The places must be hid and secrett or desert farre from the habitation of men. Let noe woman come there in any case. Make the place goodly and wide & trimme, and hydde in the woods and caves, and places without dwellings, and make them goodly, some makes them on the topps of howses, and one the toppes of mountaynes, and in triviall or quadriviall places, in flouds and merysh ground, and behind woods and flouds, and in fieldes, in gardens, and greenes [47r] and in streets, and whatsoeuer dwellinge place it be, soe that it be donne secrettly, it may be donne one the day as well as the night, but for to avoyde an occation of stamblinge, a man may doe it on the day for susteyning of his body, but the place must be secret, and solytary [solitary], but if the coniurer be sure and bold, it may be in the night, and they will come sooner, and then it may be in any place habitable and it shall be sure. When ye have chosen one of these foresayd places, to make it by the day, or by the night, make that place goodly and fayre, broade and wide, but closed, one every side, either by wood or by water. And when ye make the place cleane, say ye ever these Psalmes,
Asterion
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby girasol » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Asterion wrote: Let noe woman come there in any case ...

What if you yourself are the woman? :D

And re: earlier, again and again it's been made clear that how you word the invocation/evocation has a huge effect. In that first one for Samael my colleague had stripped out so much detail (for experimental purposes) that the evocation no longer had the part about appearing without noise nor injury, in a comely form, and so on. When I redid it the next day I put all that back in, plus used a circle.

Another time I evoked a spirit and accidentally skipped the line about staying until I give license to depart. Mid-conversation the spirit suddenly whirled around, turned into a bird and disappeared. Only a bit later, reviewing, I realized I had forgotten to say that.
girasol
Magician

Postby Asterion » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 pm

girasol,
evocations are not supposed to be done on a whim. You must regard it as something sacred, prapare fon months for it and make sure all is in the right place. When you treat evoking each of these spirits like the most important job interview of your career or meeting the Pope, there is little chance you might leave anything out.

Women? The grimoires are written by Christian priests, who were supposed to be chaste. It s obvious why the interdiction is made. I believe that the reverse would apply to women, no men.
Asterion
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby girasol » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Asterion wrote:girasol,
evocations are not supposed to be done on a whim. You must regard it as something sacred, prapare fon months for it and make sure all is in the right place. When you treat evoking each of these spirits like the most important job interview of your career or meeting the Pope, there is little chance you might leave anything out.

Women? The grimoires are written by Christian priests, who were supposed to be chaste. It s obvious why the interdiction is made. I believe that the reverse would apply to women, no men.

I hear you. I seem to have a nature that combines a great deal of rigor (years in a very rigid and difficult initiatory tradition, years of intensive daily meditation and prayer) with a "what happens if you do this..." curiosity and playfulness. When I get the occasional ass kicking for being sloppy, I deserve and accept it.
girasol
Magician

PreviousNext

Return to Grimoire Tradition